Monday 6 March 2006

Week 30 & other odds & sods

We may have been in the third trimester for a little while now, but today we reached the third quarter mark, the start of Week 30 of 40. When you think about it, that makes its 9 & 1/3 months, not nine months like people suggests.

Today on my way to work I saw my first bendy bus near Raffles Hotel, what special about that you may ask, well nothing really, I just thought to myself, I haven’t see any here before!

I had to get some money out of an ATM today and it got me thinking, why don’t they have $20 notes here, I miss not having $20’s. On a (another) side issue I’ve noticed that polymer notes are starting to creep in here, I’ve only noticed polymer $2 & $10. I’ve never had a polymer $5 or $50; I’ve only see $100 from a distance (similar colour to the $10) and I’ve never seen the $500, $1000 or $10,000 notes. I keep trying to get a $10,000 note out of the ATM but the dang thing keeps telling me I don’t have sufficient funds, whatever that means!

For those that are interested Singapore currency consist of 5c, 10c, 20c, 50c & $1 coins and $2, $5, $50, $100, $500, $1000 & $10,000 notes. As noted above my attempts to confirm that the larger notes exist have met with disagreements between myself and those dang hole in the wall ATM’s thingies.

2 comments:

mælstrøm said...

Eheh, yes Lesley was feeling pretty uncomfortable by this stage - particularly had trouble getting out of bed!

Anonymous said...

Hi guys,

Just had a look at your webpage (finally). Marika you look great. How are you feeling? The Singaporean air must be agreeing with you. Your apartment looks fabulous. We are all well. Con says you are having a BOY!!! I think so too.

Dont have your email address. Email me when you get a chance. Please remember I dont check my emails often so my reply might take a while (not purposely intended).

Anyway, you're almost there. Keep us posted talk to you soon!

Love Con, Thelma, Latiesha & Billie xoxoxoxoxoxoxoxoxoxoxoxoxox